Thursday 11 June 2015

Born defeated, died in vain




I don't usually go for fan art much, but this Phantom of the Paradise painting by Keops7 is a real stunner. Honestly though, I'll take any excuse to bring up De Palma's gem of a rock opera again.

Phantom is hands down one of my absolute faves. It's incredibly nostalgic for me now, but aside from the emotional connection that I have to it, I also recognise it as an objectively fantastic movie.

From Jessica Harper's silky contralto to The Undead's blazin' proto-horror rock, Paul Williams' soundtrack is pure '70s perfection.



Born defeated died in vain
Super destructive you were hooked on pain
And though your music lingers on
All of us are glad you're gone
If I could live my life half as worthlessly as you
I'm convinced that I'd wind up burning too



1 comment:

  1. we still enjoy this film (and the "Song").... and Paul Williams as the Devil.... a fun movie.... and great piece of art-work...!!!

    ReplyDelete